Monday, April 2, 2007

Outsourcing link development for SEO

"The other thing that became apparent was that this company was in India. Eveyone I talked to had Indian names and accents and they only communicated very early in the morning."

I would only recommend something like this to a competitor who had pissed me off at some point. In fact, I have a competitor who used an outfit from India. They wreaked havoc with the reputation of his site. I have nothing against directory submissions at all, but they gave him the spammiest directory links and wrote articles for submission that butchered the concepts with which he was trying to be associated.

It's funny, I was thinking of posting a thread similar to this because I have a site that needs additional link development to move it closer to page one. Fact is, I just don't have any time to spare myself due to the requirements of other sites.

It would be nice if you could find a trustworthy and competent company to hunt down links for you, but my sincere belief is that it is dangerous to trust the task to anyone else. To date, I have only approached one individual who does such work and he was unavailable due to his own work considerations.

No comments: